If parents/guardians send in birthday cakes, they must be shop bought as the packaging will contain allergen information that can be provided to parents/guardians.
Children are always supervised when eating and drinking snacks or meals
- All children on the ECCE Scheme need to bring in 1 snack.
- All Part time children will need 2 snacks.
- Some children are allergic to peanuts/nuts. We request that parents/guardians do not include these in their child’s snack.
- We do not allow fizzy drinks, sweets, chocolate, crisps, nuts or nut spreads.
- Drinking water and small snacks are available throughout the day.
Meal times are used as an opportunity to encourage good social habits.
- Whenever possible children and adults eat together.
- Good table manners will be encouraged
- Children will also be engaged in conversation if they wish
- Children that are slow eaters will be given time to eat and not rushed
- Children will be encouraged to sit down when eating and/or drinking.
- Mealtime should be engaged with in a positive way with the children.
- Staff must not use any negative association with food at any time with the children.
- Children will be encouraged to help tidy up after snack time.
Healthy eating is promoted through an arrangement of activities for the children including play, stories, music, outings, cookery etc.